Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 20

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about whether or not this was inevitable. While I'm convinced that having reached this point, sending him away was our best chance of helping him to lead a happy life, I wonder what choices I could have made in the previous 16 years that might have changed the path, and prevented us from getting to this point. I could drive myself crazy thinking about that I suppose. How can you love someone so much - and have them feel so unloved and angry?

His letters today were to his sister and a one liner to his father. The letter to his father was to fulfill his therapist's stipulation that in order for us to send him the guitar we bought him, he needed to ask his father directly. The communication was not much, but it's a start, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment