Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 24 - Mothers Day

Happy Mother's day to me. His letter this week mentioned that he was supposed to make me a Mother's Day card, but had refused because he didn't love me or appreciate me. At the same time, his letter went on for 8 pages about sad and depressed he was...and who did he choose to share those feelings with? Me, the safe target for his feelings of anger and rage. Some people may say that "He'll appreciate what you did later." But it really doesn't matter if he does or not. If the program works, and he comes out of it a young adult ready to go on to have a happy well integrated life, then it really doesn't matter whether he ever "appreciates" me or not. The greatest give I will get...is seeing him okay. So, here's to Mother's day 2010-- whatever it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment