Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 26

Despite the progress, he is not ready for us to attend Parent's Weekend next weekend. While I am extremely disappointed, I am wiling to trust the facility, as the stakes are so high. Rushing things could cause a setback that could ultimately extend the entire process, so I'll be patient-- not my strong suit.

The other big issue today is a disagreement my husband and I are having. Back at the beginning of this, I had planned on writing every day. My husband felt that once a week was fine--and was concerned that if I wrote every day, and he only wrote once a week, it would emphasize the imbalance in the relationship we each had with our son. With the help of our son's therapist, we compromised on me writing every other day--which is tough for me, but I have respected the arrangement.

In his past several letters, he's asked me to please write every day, as it makes him sad to have a day without mail. My husband has said "no way." I'll bring this up again on Monday with the therapist...but it's really tough for me. The positive communications to date have just been to me. The letters to my husband, while they don't useful offensive language, and are carefully worded, have been painful lists of ways he thinks his father has failed him...which my husband is not taking well at all. Hence, he has no desire to write to him more than once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment