Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 23

Another very angry letter today. After the long letter a few days ago with glimmers of hope, I received the most hate filled note yet today, the day before Mother's Day. As usual, it was addressed just to me...the safe target. Lots of anger for sending him away "You brought me into this world, and you need to deal with me." More profanity than I am comfortable repeating in public. And lots of statements about how I will never see him again when he has a choice. "This is an individual program so I would appreciate if if you make growing a relationship with you not one of the things I work on. If that's the case I will be here for a very long time and waste your money." And many other statements of a similar nature. I know that he is wounded and in pain, and lashing out - as that's the only way he knows to cope. I know that in my head - but today, I cry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment