Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 4

We had our first family session with the therapist this morning. It didn't include our son, however -- he won't be participating until his therapist feels that interacting with us will be productive -- which will probably be in 1- 2 months when he's graduated to Level 2. The therapist's best guess is that he will probably be home somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Both the therapist and the psychiatric nurse at the school think that SSRIs are probably indicated, so they asked our permission to have him see the psychiatrist. That won't happen until the beginning of May, when he's settled in a bit more and can be better assessed.

We got our first letter today he wrote it shortly after arriving on Friday morning. It was a fairly well-written articulate plea for us to change our minds. I cried. Here are his closing words: "...don't ever say that you love me again because I want my life back. I will not send this letter with love because I look inside my heart and I find heartbreak, betrayal, and disloyalty and nothing more since this morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment