Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 9

It appears he's stopped writing to us, and is now only writing to his sister. That may be the beginning of acceptance that he's there. We got our first web update today- it included two pictures. One was awful, he's smiling at the camera with the horrible grin--although his mouth is curved in a smile, his face looks pained, and his eyes are red. The other is better. He's working chopping up wood. The note he included with the web update said (in part) "I can't say that I am happy in the least bit, but at least I am getting in shape."

The letter to his sister, though, raised another issue. He included a letter that he wants her to forward on to his "ex-girlfriend-but-its-complicated." I like the girl a lot, but the facility has said that this is not a good idea. I guess we'll talk to his therapist on Monday to see how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment